Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Giving Lessons in being Grandad (by Bradley -16 months)

This is Bradley.

Grandad and I have just had a boy’s morning, complete with taking Duplo out of the box and then putting it back again……then taking it out and ….you get the picture. It’s awesome fun. Even if Grandad was a bit slow on the uptake, he seemed to get the hang of it eventually

My mum went shopping with Nanna, leaving yours truly in charge. After the mandatory 2 seconds of crying, we get down to the serious business of teaching Grandad how to do his job. We have covered Duplo. Next was knocking wooden pegs on a workbench. Fantastic fun. Grandad was good at this, but he doesn’t hit the pegs with enough force, so I had to show him how to give the peg a good whack. You should have seen him get his fingers out of the way.

Next was jumping on the sofa. Now, he is not supposed to let me do this, but I won’t tell on him. We did this for a couple of minutes, but I thought that I should show him what he should do if I want forty winks. I picked up my blanket, and had to insist that he brought my white bear. He wanted me to pick it up, but I insisted. You’ve got to be insistent on these things. No point in pussy footing around.

Then I showed him how to put me in the cot, switch on the musical sea-horse, and pass me my blanket. Ten seconds of that and then it’s jumping up time, and back to the lounge, for some reading.

Grandad isn’t very good at reading. He keeps trying to turn over the pages and doesn’t understand that the first page should be read over and over again, so I have to keep turning the pages back. Silly Grandad.

Then it’s time for Grandad to have a snooze in the chair, so I settle him down in the corner of the sofa until Mummy gets back. I made him switch on the musical sea-horse, because I think that will settle him down quicker. He looks very tired poor thing and he doesn’t get much of a doze because Mummy comes back.

Overall he was pretty well behaved, so I think that I will look after him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment