Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stamps from Spain

We have been away from Laax for over four weeks. We do not normally receive much mail there, but this time, we had five letters waiting for us. Great excitement as we opened them to find that we are four times winners of the Spanish and European lotteries. Unbelievable, it says. It’s not kidding either. It’s not believable. We have won euro 815,810, euro 3,935,510, euro 615,810 (hardly worth bothering about), and euro 950,777. All I need to do is to send in my bank details, sign and date it and the money will be paid in. Fantastic, isn’t it. And I never even bought a lottery ticket.

I am someone who believes that if it is too good to be true, it probably is (even if I do miss the odd Swiss Franc 10 note lying in the street). I will be giving this a miss. At least they are presented a great deal better that the ones that I first received in 1995. Do you remember these? They were allegedly from the Central Bank of Nigeria, on a 90 year old typewriter, and spelling that would disgrace Baby Giles (for those of you well educated enough to know the Giles Cartoons).

The fifth letter is from the attorney of Edwin Hawker, who may or may not be related to me. He has left $10m and as there is no one to claim it and as I have the same name, I am next in line. Only catch is that the attorney, (name and email address available on demand, in case you want to claim the money), wants to share it 50 / 50. We can’t be having that, can we. It’s all or nothing. In this case nothing. Anyway, I guess that 50% of nothing is still nothing.

Never mind, the stamps from Spain are nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment