Saturday, December 19, 2009

Comments are now allowed

I have discussed this long and hard with many people (actually only two people). I have reached the conclusion that I only want comments that agree with my opinions and this is a good enough reason for not allowing comments. On the other hand, in the interests of internet openness, social networking, and the facebook and twittering era, I shall allow this. Of course, I shall ignore all comments that are vaguely critical as being ignorant, prejudiced, racist, probably sexist, and almost certainly in breach of health and safety regulations.

Guidelines for comments are: "What a clever / insightful / forward thinking / etc / person you are." "How ever did you come up with that masterpiece". Anything that detracts from my own self esteem will be automatically sent to junk.

One of my panel of two made the observation that to think more highly of yourself that you really are is an important factor in pyschological wellbeing. Therefore, think of your comments as an opportunity to improve my well being and comment accordingly.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you've gone with the free speech option - we wouldn't want you to be in a bubble without any feedback.

    Good start to the blog, a nice scattering of random musings and day to day events, coupled with some philosphy and life management advice (especially the vital lists). Long may it continue.

    In relation to allowing comments - for the Swiss audience, if comments are allowed, then surely they must be mandatory?

    ReplyDelete